Wednesday, February 26, 2014

W7: Test One

I can't say that I studied very well for this first test, because even though I put effort into studying I only did so three days before of doomsday. However, I did feel like I knew the material decently well. I laboured over the labs, the exercises and (thought I did) pretty well on A1 (although we haven't really gotten marks back yet).

Except for linked lists and the linked implementation of a tree, I made sure I went through all practice code posted on the website. My downfall, however, came the night before. I spent a great deal of time studying the material, and left writing my aid sheet until yesterday night. Though I promised myself I would sleep at 12 am at the latest, the aid sheet took very long and lo and behold... I went to bed at 2:30.

Not smart.

Result: sitting in lecture this morning, 9:10 am, twitching from lack of sleep and nerves. The first few questions were perfectly fine for me... the last questions not so much. My test had one question about counting all the values beginning with "a" in a Tree... and somehow, because of my lack of sleep, I ended up interpreting that as returning True or False if all values began with "a". I finished the test with 20 minutes to spare and spent the rest of my good time re-reading the test. Then, in the last five minutes, I realized my mistake.

Oh the test was not fun.

Needless to say, my nerves and anxiety came back full force and I did not have enough time to fix my mistake and did extremely poorly on it...

Lesson learned: always sleep on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment