When learning a new language, the most difficult thing is to put all of your knowledge together, and with computer programming and computer science it is no different.
Which is why I currently have my lecture notes haphazardly sprawled across my desk and multiple, disorganized internet tabs of program examples from both CSC148 and CSC108.
Of course, A1 is mostly about recursion (more specifically, step 5), but unlike the previous exercises which focused on specific topics, the rest of A1 is about piecing together what we've learned in class:
> the proper way to build classes (make sure there are no floating functions!)
> ADTs (namely, Stacks and the lab tutorial, in which we learned removing and adding to the bottom of a stack is much more inefficient, and it would be assumed that the same goes for stacks of cheese)
> property control (I see many underscore-period combos in A1...)
> reusing functions and avoiding duplicate code (I'm still working on the organization of the functions and which ones are related)
> raising and catching Exceptions (it is an "IllegalMoveError" to add a larger cheese on a smaller one)
> is there inheritance and composition? If there is, I haven't gotten that far yet...
I'm sure there's some other component I'm missing, which is why I'm reading the A1 code multiple times over and then reading my notes in the same fashion, and then becoming doubly confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment