Wednesday, March 26, 2014

W11: Test Two

If the last test went badly, this one went even worse (and that's saying something).

Last time, although I procrastinated, in the end I still had a solid three days before the test to study. This time, I wasn't so lucky. On top of two other horrible tests last week, as well as a major group presentation... well, I was doomed.

I admit, the group presentation won out – not only was it a research project with an interesting topic, but if I failed to do my share of the work it would not have been pretty. At least if I fail to do the work for something of my own responsibility, it is only my problem. Nevertheless, after so much hard-work it was pretty much impossible to keep my inner procrastinator at bay. It was only two nights before the test that I really started to worry and make the connections to my Test One experience.

Major Mistakes

> Reading the tutorials and not re-doing them. They were very difficult... and the test was difficult too.
> Not working problems out on paper before attempting to code. I realized that computer science is not at all about the computer... it's about being able to problem-solve with your brain, and then translate that into code after the fact.
> Spending my last moments of studying typing up an aid sheet. Although the aid sheet was useful for the last test, this test which was all about writing new methods and functions. Thus, the aid sheet was useless. I kept it beneath my test paper for the whole 50 minutes of the test.

The only thing I can say for myself is that I think I had at least half an hour more sleep than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment